Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice for Patients attending Wellcome Back Chiropractic Clinic
Chiropractors have always been on the government’s list of exempted workers, allowed to stay open during lockdown.
We initially decided to close for a number of reasons:-
1) We couldn’t provide a safe environment without PPE, and could not procure any.
2) We wanted to ensure that the peak of the first wave had passed.
We have now sourced appropriate PPE in accordance with PHE guidelines . We will be decontaminating and re-using goggles/visors. We will be using single use gloves, sessional based IIR masks and single use aprons.
We will be recording the local R0 value to ensure that it remains below 1 each day we are in clinic and following Government guidelines and those set out by our Association at all times.
Making an appointment
Before we will see anyone in person, we need you to complete a online form (this can be printed and sent if you do not have access to it). We need to ensure that we are providing the appropriate care for those that are not shielding and that we do not have any chance of a symptomatic COVID 19 patient in clinic.
If you have made an appointment online Rebecca will give you a call to check you have the form and that you understand its contents and answer any questions you have for us.
If you are a new patient please contact us and we will arrange a call to book you in.
Please click here for the contact page or call Rebecca on 07979807032 to arrange an appointment.
Rebecca will be in Clinic Tuesday 9.45am – 8pm and Saturdays 8.30am-1pm.
We really appreciate your patience and good humour during this change in procedure!
Hygiene and social distancing
We have completed a comprehensive risk assessment and have strict cleaning procedures in place.
- All touch surfaces and non carpeted floors cleaned with coronavirus killing Ultra ax before, in between and at the end of every appointment.
- Wipeable couch covers
- All transactions via BACS before any face to face.
- 2 metres distancing whilst sitting.
- Appropriate donning and doffing of PPE in separate areas.
- 15 minutes is being allowed between patients so there is no interaction and cleaning can take place, so please make sure you are on time.
We will ask you to:-
- Sanitise or wash your hands on arrival.
- Have your temperature checked on arrival.
- Wear a barrier face mask or scarf.
- You are also asked to not bring anything with you that you don’t need. Please leave coats, wallets, handbags etc as they are potential surfaces to spread the virus, and hard/impossible to decontaminate.