McTimoney Chiropractic seeks to eliminate the cause, not just treat symptoms
Through gentle and subtle adjustments, McTimoney chiropractic care may relieve pain and discomfort.
Chiropractic may help with:
- Generalised aches and pains
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Lumbago, Sciatica
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
- Shoulder complaints (dysfunction, disorders and pain)
- Soft tissue disorders of the shoulder
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
- Muscle spasms
- Plantar fasciitis (short term management)
- Rotator cuff injuries, disease or disorders
The McTimoney Chiropractic training
McTimoney Chiropractors undergo an intensive BSc degree including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, biomechanics, neuroscience, pharmacology, pathology, behavioural science, musculoskeletal medicine, imaging and referral, clinical neurology, differential diagnosis, general medicine, patient assessment, philosophy, chiropractic studies, research, clinic studies. Followed by 1 year in training clinic. The McTimoney Chiropractic Association also require further studies with the Royal College of Chiropractic in the first year in practice.
Every Chiropractor has to register with the General Chiropractic Council and follow a Continuing Professional Development programme every year to ensure they are up to date with current practice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Book at Wellcome Back Chiropractic Clinic Stroud
Look for the Pink Door and doorbell next to the Wellcome Back Chiropractic Sign. Opposite Lansdown Hall and Gallery.
Disabled parking is available on the street, but street parking is very limited. However, there is parking in the Church Street Car Park or Merry walks car park.
The Wellcome Back Chiropractic Clinic is easily accessible by car and bus. It is convenient for the residents and workers of Stroud, Stonehouse, Rodborough, Chalford, Brimscombe, Thrupp, South Woodchester, North Woodchester, Nailsworth, Minchinhampton, Painswick.